Amazing Slow Downer

Discussion in 'Guitar & Gear Reviews' started by Chris MC, Dec 4, 2019 at 2:25 AM.

1. Chris MC

Chris MC Gretschie

Oct 27, 2014
    Orange, Aus
    I have had this a few days. Dear for an app, but worth the small amount of money.

Now working on Johnny B Good at 40-50-60% of the original tempo but in the original key. Fantastic.

2. Rock Lajoint

Rock Lajoint Gretschie

Nov 16, 2014
    Sussex, England
    I use it. It's great for looping sections of a solo. Until your missus can't stand it anymore...

Lately I've been using the 'Playback Speed' setting on YouTube along with a Chrome plugin that lets you loop YouTube. This isn't as nice as Amazing Slow Downer but is more convenient.

T Bone, Merc and Gregor like this.
  3. Penguin

Penguin Country Gent

Nov 20, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    I use Amazing Slow Downer and it's been fantastic.
    However...
    I recently upgraded the operating system on my Mac to Catalina (10.15.1) and ASD no longer works :-(
    I think it did warn me, but you have to update the system, right? Just letting you know...
    Peng

4. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I haven't updated because of programs like Komplete and Roli and Antelope Audio just aren't ready and yearly OS updates are a freaking joke. Apple can kiss my butt if they think I will update just because they put a new out. I have to much invested in programs to do that and watch thousands of dollars of gear and programs stop working. I also have ASD I hope they plan on updating their program to work with the new OS because it isn't going away.

5. Gregor

Gregor Gretschie

Oct 17, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    I use YouTube's playback speed as well but what is this Chrome plug in that allows looping ...sounds interesting.

T Bone likes this.
  6. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    The Amazing Slow Downer now supports macOS Catalina, with the latest upgrade, dated November 16, 2019. You can download it on the Roni Music website,

https://www.ronimusic.com.

Penguin and Bertotti like this.
  7. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Yes, I will have to add this kind of software to my PC ! Thanks for the tip... @Chris MC ;)

(by the way, would you post the link that ptovided yours, or direct me ? o_O)

A+!

8. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Use this link: https://www.ronimusic.com.

hcsterg likes this.
  9. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Guess I need to get out more! Hadn't heard of this, and I think I need it. Sounds awesome in concept. Google Play Store, or? Will go search.

I'd also be interested in more info on that Chrome plugin. I wasn't even aware you could adjust playback speed on YouTube. Without pitch change?

10. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Cool indeed, thanks for the heads up! I installed the free "light" version to check it out (only plays the first 2 minutes of the song). If it comes in as handy as it sounds like it will, I'll be paying the ten bucks for the full version shortly.

11. jfassett

jfassett Gretschie

Dec 9, 2017
    Tucson
    I use to use it till I learned you can slow down You tube videos

T Bone likes this.
  12. Rock Lajoint

Rock Lajoint Gretschie

Nov 16, 2014
    Sussex, England
    The Chrome plugin is Looper for YouTube.
    You can adjust YouTube speed without affecting pitch in the settings menu on a YouTube video.

T Bone likes this.
  13. Penguin

Penguin Country Gent

Nov 20, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks Jim, you've made my day!

drmilktruck likes this.
  14. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I went and checked my mac. I haven't actually used ASD in a long while. I forgot I switched to riff station.

15. Groutsch

Groutsch Electromatic

Jun 9, 2018
    Maryland, US
    The Chrome plug-in I installed (in Windows) is called Video Speed Controller. It's simple and effective. I'm slow of hearing, but Video Speed Controller let me learn George Harrison's solo in A Hard Day's Night. I'm still practicing to try to play it at full speed, but I felt better when I read that George Martin had slowed the tape to half speed so he could double the part on piano.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice