Abby Normal

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by calebaaron666, Mar 15, 2019.

1. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    As an experiment, i tweaked some knobs on my amp and Atomic Brain and left it on Abby mode for the duration of band practice.
    Loved it!

I had previoisly just been using the Abby for solos and stuff like that, but figured “why only sound this good sometimes, if I can sound this good ALL of the time!”

I could hear every note in every chord crisp and clear. I kept the volume on my amp dialed back a bit, and the Gritsch knob on the brain at about 1 o’ clock. I think I’ve found my new favorite tone!
    It was by no means totally over driven. It was breaking up exactly as I like it, but with a different flavor than with just the brain’s normal mode.
    I’d recommend anyone with a brain with Abby to give this a try!

That’s all.

Trash Kidd, Bertotti, Henry and 2 others like this.
  2. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I am so happy you are finding this to work out, Its really awesome that you employed it as IT WAS INTENDED :)

Attached Files:

3. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I wish I had tried this as soon as I got the pedal. I’m annoyed at the hours I’ve squandered being “normal”.

Literally all I did was turn the supro volume down 2 notches and the gritsch knob down to 1-2 o’ clock. I keep the bass cut all the way back anyway cuz the supro has enough of low end even with the bass down to 2.
    The amp still breaks up beautifully when I dig in, but can sound mellower if I play lighter.
    Also, we’re working on a ballad which is different for us. I like how I can keep the Abby employed, but switch off the normal to shut it off of needed. I think I need to put a thimble over the ABBY switch so i never tap it off.

4. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I like running mine in Abby most of the time too, it's a nice flavor.

calebaaron666 likes this.
  5. montereyjack66

montereyjack66 Country Gent

Feb 29, 2012
    LA-ish
    It's all good man. Brain is Brain. 0ss106.jpg

6. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Just got done watching "Young Frankenstein" on TMC. By the way, I named my dog Abbie Normal.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice