A Very Unique Custom Penguin!

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Flouswa, Mar 27, 2020.

1. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Somehow I think this and the “Curly” passing is too much coincidence...
    What does it mean!?

Flouswa likes this.
  2. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

Hmmm...did not think about that. Conspiracy theory?

3. Highroller

Highroller Synchromatic

Jun 11, 2015
    Portland, OR
    As a design exercise it's fine - something different just to be different. But as something I want to own? ... I think I'll pass.

4. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Well although it isn’t the bling bright Penguin we are all used to I actually love it!

5. bruce bennett

bruce bennett Electromatic

Jul 8, 2012
    chattanooga
  6. lathoto

lathoto Electromatic

Apr 23, 2020
    Ohio
    Whew, I'm glad none of you guys pulled the trigger. According to my sales guy at Sweetwater there were two made. I heard the other one went to a collector. I have had mine for a week now and all do is sleep, eat, and play my Gretsch CS G6134T 59 Penguin NOS, Nat FM/RW. I dreamed last night I painted it white and sure enough I woke up 3:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep. You guessed it, I turned it way down and played till breakfast. She gets pushed through a JHS Colour Box with a touch compression, delay, and or reverb (all JHS as well) on into a Fender Brownface Princeton Reissue (Chris Stapleton). The instrument continues to grow on me with a ton of sustain and very warm midrange. The bottom end is super clean and the top end can snarl with just enough bite for my taste. Albeit not flashy or gaudy the inlay in the headstock and natural wood binding look mighty fine. Hey, that's my Penguin.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    new6659 and Bertotti like this.
  7. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    You need a brain of some sort, Dyno, Atmoic, Mystery or Jr Barnyard or ElPescadoro.

8. lathoto

lathoto Electromatic

Apr 23, 2020
    Ohio
    She's a "Tawny" Penguin.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice