A bit of info about myself

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Yukimajo, Jul 10, 2019.

1. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Morgan

I grew up in the 50’s and 60’s, had a tall handsome brother who the girls loved, he was gay and that was not an easy road back then. If he were still alive, he died of HIV almost 40 yrs. ago, he would smile big if I was to read him your post here. The world has changed in many ways for the better. It still has plenty of changing left to do.

Be proud and live and enjoy your life. You have my support and somewhere that big brother of mine who taught me the love of music is smiling.

thunder58, Merc, Henry and 3 others like this.
  2. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Hey Morgan, pleased to meet ya. :)

Yukimajo likes this.
  3. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks for sharing your personal story with us Morgan. We like all colors here on the forum. I hope you feel the unconditional love and respect for others that permeates this forum. I'm so happy to have you here and I truly hope you feel that you belong here.

Yukimajo likes this.
  4. Junior94

Junior94 Gretschie

Jul 29, 2017
    Texas
    You won't find a better group of people anywhere. Most of them were willing to give me the shirts off their backs when I had to evacuate for hurricane Harvey. Lucky everything turned out okay and my family is once again safe and sound. I am honored to have these cool cats and kittens as my friend. Welcome Morgan:):D

radd and Yukimajo like this.
  5. I have made as many post as i have here because of the environment. It’s comfortable. Sure, every now and then things go outside the box of comfortable, but the powers that be step in and correct it. There are many places where people can spew their opinions on just about anything, for better or worse, for kindness and meanness, and uselessness. This is not one of them. I am grateful for that, and for the OP that took the time to remind me why i still spend way too much time here. At least he didnt create gas for another guitar or gear i dont need, which is more than i can say for the lot of ya’s

Welcome to the forum Morgan. Even though you have been here a while.

dak55 and Yukimajo like this.
  6. Robbie

Robbie Country Gent

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    Being a good person is all that should ever matter.

7. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Country Gent

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    Thank you for your courage & for sharing something so very personal yet utterly important for you. This forum is filled with the most amazing folks. Our love of Gretsch guitars and playing music is what binds us all together on this forum there are no judgments here.

thunder58 and Yukimajo like this.
  8. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Gretschie

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
    Hello Morgan,

I support you.

The biggest conflicts we have are the ones inside our selves. Conquer those and the rest are immaterial.

Red guitars are my favorite. I like the Black, Blue, Orange, Purple, Green, and Natural/Sunburst ones too.

Peace before you

Robert

9. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    We are a fun loving group. glad you are here

... but if you dont play a gretsch guitar... thats when the black van comes. Even more so if you talk about strats. :) :)

larryb and Yukimajo like this.
  10. Yukimajo

Yukimajo Gretschie

Nov 4, 2018
    Exeter UK
    Oh don't worry I play a Gretsch and will never own a strat!

11. Andrew Griffin

Andrew Griffin Synchromatic

Oct 22, 2015
    Thanks for sharing. Thumbs up. This has been an issue in our family and I was happy to see that everybody got over it and acted like a loving family. Rock on...

rob batz and Yukimajo like this.
  12. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Hi, Morgan. Great to learn more about you.

rob batz and Yukimajo like this.
  13. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz

Ok, ya went to far...I love my strat and Gretschs

EF4ECC6F-3291-4F3D-B62C-A91D65A06A67.jpeg

T Bone, dak55, Yukimajo and 1 other person like this.
  14. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

Ditto.

Yukimajo, I have enjoyed reading your posts, and that's all that mattered to me. It was nice of you to trust us enough to share a part of your life with us.

15. afire

afire Country Gent

Not being an awful person is good enough in my book.

Yukimajo likes this.
  16. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I own a strat. my first one I bought in 91'.. its got 13gauge flatwounds on it and tuned down to A. thats about all it does these days. gurgle and plinky

Yukimajo likes this.
  17. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    @Yukimajo

I’m very happy that you’re able to be open about it, as you rightfully should be. If you’re on the receiving end from transphobic nonsense from people at times like you wrote... it’s likely largely due to either ignorance or sadly, sometimes certain religious groups. Just be true to yourself. That’s what matters.

I remember in the 80’s all the gay bashing and jokes people would make. There has been huge strides and more acceptance with each passing decade. Although I know through a good friend there’s so much more progress still to be done.

I believe we’re still at the very beginning of acceptance for Transgender in today’s world. It’s really only been the last 10 years to be honest. People such as yourself are the ones leading the way for future generations of acceptance. It’s no doubt that it will likely be difficult and challenging at times. But I hope you find strength in knowing that you’re really making it better for others by being yourself.

new6659, dak55 and Yukimajo like this.
  18. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

Be happy, be healthy. Everything else is just somebody else's rules. More power to you.

Yukimajo likes this.
  19. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    Hi Morgan,

Peace and grease. Happy to have you here, I had noted your avatar prior to this thread already. For the matter in question, I think all people should be noted and treated as they are and with mutual respect - but without unnecessary drumbeating. That thing goes into tasteless, unnatural overreactions nowadays. I don't mean your post here, it was quite appropriate. Gretsch on! :)

Uhh, my first electric guitar was a cheap strat copy. My parents gave it to me as a Christmas or birthday present I guess (can't remember that far), but I never got used to it. Later on I bought me a decent Gibson copy, and in the end I got Gretschified. That makes me the third guitar gender, doesn't it?

Yukimajo likes this.
  20. dlew919

dlew919 Synchromatic

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    When you said you were non binary I thought you meant fender Gibson and gretsch. But you meant something else. No problems here. Pick on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yukimajo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice