A Ac30 with 1 speaker?

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by noelweller, Nov 4, 2008.

1. noelweller

noelweller Banned

Jun 25, 2008
    schaumburg
    http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/details.cfm?listID=104714708#anchorDescription

If this is true it just might be right up my alley

2. SJB66

SJB66 Gretschie

Jul 12, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    Noelweller,
    Im not sure if you do Ebay, but I have been seeing the Twin AC30's for about the same price. Just watch for a few days one will always pop up. Unless you prefer the one speaker, than never mind!
    Karl

3. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    now,IS this one for Amy?

4. noelweller

noelweller Banned

Jun 25, 2008
    schaumburg
    It seems the one speaker combo would be easier to carry around....:D that is the only reason I am looking at it.

5. noelweller

noelweller Banned

Jun 25, 2008
    schaumburg
    I got Amy a Spider Jam.. wow that thing is a pretty nifty practicing tool

6. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    Now what is a Spider Jam? she plays and you sing "itsi bitsi spider"?

7. SJB66

SJB66 Gretschie

Jul 12, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    Yes, I hear that. Mine feels like a ton!
    Karl

8. noelweller

noelweller Banned

Jun 25, 2008
    schaumburg
    A spider jam is a amp with buit in backing tracks, you can set key,tempo and over dub your guitar up to 20 hours of playing time.

9. noelweller

noelweller Banned

Jun 25, 2008
    schaumburg
    Yep i picked one up just for grins and was like heck no.. one speaker for me please, easier on the back....:D

10. Bonedaddy

Bonedaddy Banned

Jun 8, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    The quintessential AC30 sound has somewhat to do with the two speakers though, so bear that in mind. Heck, you'd probably be better served by an AC15 if you only want the one speaker.

You know, I've never seen an AC30 with only one speaker. The description details don't give you much to go by, unfortunately. But you can get an AC15, brand new for 200 bones less....

11. noelweller

noelweller Banned

Jun 25, 2008
    schaumburg
    Yeah that has crossed my mind, I am looking for more clean head room. I think, and boy I could be wrong, I can get more clean headroom out of a ac30 with one speaker than a ac15.

12. Bonedaddy

Bonedaddy Banned

Jun 8, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    Yeah, probably so. But bear in mind, the 30 watt AC30 is NOT twice at loud as the AC15, it's just a function of headroom (power wise), IIRC. I'd make sure to check out IN PERSON, though. I'd be really leery of the description they give (or should I say lack of description).

13. roadjunkie

roadjunkie Country Gent

Jul 4, 2008
    Middletown,PA
    That price is stiff! I bought one of those for my daughter brand new for 699. A nice amp but if you want to get the most out of it pull the Neo and put a Celestion Gold in there instead! That in itself is stiff but worth it! 799 for this amp used isn't!

14. Gretschy

Gretschy Synchromatic

Jun 11, 2008
    Montana
    I completely agree. The clean tone of an AC30 is all about complexity. With only one speaker you are going to have half of the complexity.

I also agree that this is not a particularly good deal. If you want an AC30 and are willing to pay this price, just watch your local Craiglist. You'll end up with something better I bet.

15. noelweller

noelweller Banned

Jun 25, 2008
    schaumburg
    Bonedaddy, Yeah I kninda know about that, I know its not gonna be louder just be able to be cleaner louder. I think that is right. that is what i want cleaner at higher volumes

Roadjunkie, you got a single speaker Ac30 for 699 new? where?

yes it is used. made in England not China

16. roadjunkie

roadjunkie Country Gent

Jul 4, 2008
    Middletown,PA
    http://www.americanmusical.com/

Long long gone!

17. noelweller

noelweller Banned

Jun 25, 2008
    schaumburg
    Ok now if a ac15 would be better and cheaper, which it is, can you stay pretty clean at a pratice level?

18. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    An AC-15 is going to be fairly loud, think Deluxe Reverb or 18 watt Marshall. It's more than a practice amp IMO but small enough that you can use it as a practice amp.

19. Gretschy

Gretschy Synchromatic

Jun 11, 2008
    Montana
    CCs all have a Master Volume

20. Bonedaddy

Bonedaddy Banned

Jun 8, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    Oh dude, you have no idea :)

It's going to be more than you can stand in a room and still be relatively clean (depending on the size of the room). On 3, I think you'll find it uncomfortable to be too close to, and still discern what you're playing, of course depending on the size of the room.

If you live in an apartment, it's absolute overkill. An AC30 is absolutely stupid in an apartment, or a small house for that matter ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice