90 Hour Guitar Build

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by drmilktruck, Dec 2, 2019 at 12:29 PM.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Cool videos from Crimson Guitars about building a very complex guitar called the Complication.

However our own Englishman did something similar:

http://www.gretsch-talk.com/threads/tone-air.195730/

http://www.gretsch-talk.com/threads/quick-video-of-the-holy-tele-tone.196654/

Lockupyourfatdog likes this.
  2. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
  3. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    I already saw that video and I really wonder how comfortable it would play. I think that the ornaments on it`s top do look interesting but they would hinder the placment of my right hand, for sure.

4. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Attention @brianr :) , here's some cool ideas for ya

brianr likes this.
  5. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Lots of respect for the time, effort and craftsmanship....but, the guitar looks so much better without the bony exterior

MotorCentaur and Henry like this.
  6. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    When it started I assumed it was going to be all contained in the cage, not with a separate center body.

larryb likes this.
  7. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Yeah...I like Eman's swiss cheese guitar better:)

Henry and drmilktruck like this.
  8. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Amazing work. Too bad its kinda ugly.:p

larryb and drmilktruck like this.
  9. brianr

brianr Synchromatic

Aug 1, 2014
    palmdale
    He wins

drmilktruck and thunder58 like this.
  10. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Gretschie

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
    It's weird and ugly, and I don't like it. hahha. Whatevs, it will be someones dream guitar that they will cherish forever.

larryb likes this.
  11. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    It’s hardly a Chinese puzzle ball...

[​IMG]

new6659 likes this.
  12. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Complications ? This term is used in French to qualify watch and clock mechanisms of a high degree of perfection.

Abraham-Louis Bréguet is probably the most world renowned watchmaker for his Complications : he notably invented the Parachute (a protection of the oscillator and spiral against schocks), the Perpetual Watch (the automatic watch).

Napoléon had Breguet watches, Philéas Fogg (Jules Verne's hero from Le Tour du Monde en Quatre-Vingt Jours) had a Breguet watch... And I discovered that Ettore Bugatti placed a Breguet watch in center of the steering wheel of the Bugatti Royale :

Au tournant des années 30, Ettore Bugatti, grand amateur d’horlogerie et client de Breguet, souhaite équiper sa fabuleuse « Royale » d’un chronographe. Rien n’est trop beau pour ses clients. Le Patron imagine un système de fixation au centre du volant, puis se tourne vers la Maison Breguet ; laquelle réalisera, en 1932, une série spéciale de neuf montres.

Avec sa boîte en métal chromé de 67 mm de diamètre, cette pièce rarissime accueille une complication minutieusement choisie pour le secteur automobile : une échelle tachymétrique. Son cadran crème, comportant l’inscription « Spécial pour Bugatti », est doté des aiguilles Breguet en acier bleui, dessinées en 1783.

Ce chronographe de bord Breguet n° 2023 possède également un totalisateur des minutes, situé dans un guichet à 6 heures. Il renferme un mouvement mécanique doté d'une réserve de marche de huit jours, dont le remontage s'effectue à l'aide d'une couronne positionnée à 6 heures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When complications meets complications... :eek::D;)

A+!

drmilktruck likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice