6228 BT65 pickup height

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by jfassett, Jan 19, 2020.

1. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz

I think most of us adjust to taste. What I like is having a base line to start from. The TV Jones specs serve that purpose for me.

jfassett, Merc and TSims1 like this.
  2. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    ha ha... I get what your putting out. What @radd said. Some players are similar to myself and like to start at the recommended height. Then adjust accordingly to ears. Saves time from stabbing in the dark :). But @jfassett was inquiring as his BT65’s are sounding gritty.

jfassett and TSims1 like this.
  3. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    you chose wisely. :)

Merc and radd like this.
  4. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Unfortunately due to the constructs of a filtertron pickup, the specs actually count.. these arent strat/single coil pickups w slug mags right under the strings w plastic covers. The bar mags under the bobbins and the thickness of the metal covers come into play. Thus the benchmark for more or less 3/16" space between the tops of the filter covers and bottom of both E strings. There are just too many that want to discount what filtertrons are and cry back to single coils instead of setting them up correctly and maximizing what they were created to be by Ray Butts. His methods were science based, no witchcraft involved. :)

here's a side view inside a : Tvjones classic, then a gretsch filter, then a castro fidel'tron

[​IMG]

adauria, Merc, audept and 2 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice