60th Anni mim strat

Discussion in 'Technical Side of Things' started by Bertotti, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    i have this one in blizzard pearl but pulled the neck and installed a replacement I bought from Fender sadly it isn’t the same color as the original has that nice aged maple look. I would like to fix this one. With a loos truss rod and humidification I still can not seem to get it straight the bow is nuts. I am beginning to wonder if the truss rod was somehow glued in the neck somewhere it shouldn’t have been. If it possible to remove the truss rod to inspect it without pulling the neck apart is any way? Might just be easier to refinish the replacement neck and copy the originals. This is an option but if I can save a neck it would be nice?

Thanks!

2. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    I know of no way to remove the truss rod without it being a major repair. Cheaper to buy another neck.

3. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I put the replacement neck on almost two years ago Feb of '17, I was just thinking if I could use this neck I would love to have the original on it, color slightly different shape and the coin that is inlaid in it. I could take the new neck sand it down refinish it move the coin and replicate the decals but didn't want to. I think I will attempt a hot press with the truss rod loosened but I need to make sure it isn't bound up inside first

Thanks for the reply!.

4. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    It's certainly worth a shot but I would be wary about chasing your tail. It would not take too long to rack up a bill higher than a MIM Strat is worth, Nonetheless, I understand. I have a 60th Anni Telecaster and it's a really nice guitar.

Bertotti likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice