5620T case recommendations

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by praichel, Jun 16, 2019.

1. praichel

praichel Electromatic

Jun 16, 2019
    Morgantown
    Just picked up a 5620T with the cat’s eyes in red. Loving it but I need a hard shell case for it. Any recommendations? As looking to source some options for replacing the stock black pick guard. Something to keep that hot rod vibe going. Maybe some pin up art on it?

2. dmunson

dmunson Gretschie

Dec 19, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    Contact your dealer or Sweetwater, GC, Muscian's Friend, etc. They all offer avariety of cases. Don't go too cheap though, particularly if you plan on any traveling.

Wjensen likes this.
  3. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    Welcome! Congratulations on a fantastic guitar. I have a 5620 and I absolutely love it.

I designed a custom pickguard for mine (see my profile pic) and had it laser-cut in clear acrylic by ponoko.com. I can send you the vector file if you like.

Alternatively, check out Paul Setzer at Setzer's Signs, or Mike Quick at Quickguards. They both make great custom pickguards.

audept likes this.
  4. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, praichel!
    Welcome-Mats 26.jpg

5. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Welcome to the forum friend . So glad ..... you're making the right move ;)

6. praichel

praichel Electromatic

Jun 16, 2019
    Morgantown
    Thanks for the advice and quick responses everyone.

7. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    What I just did. I looked up my Gretsch on the Sweetwater site, noted the case recommendations that Sweetwater places on the lower portion of the page. Then, I went to the Reverb site and found the same case used.

Jelly Roll Horton and Wjensen like this.
  8. Wjensen

Wjensen Electromatic

May 25, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    +1. I have had nothing but good service from them, and their packaging is superb. By the way, a big Welcome to the forum. If you live in Morgantown WV, I have been through there many times.

Wade

section2 likes this.
  9. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome to GT praichel!

10. johnny g

johnny g Synchromatic

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    Man the folks are Sweetwater are great to work with. I find things a little cheaper on other sites but I have learned that they have the best after sale help and nice to deal with. No they don't pay me to say that.

11. praichel

praichel Electromatic

Jun 16, 2019
    Morgantown
    Hey thanks Wade. Yeah I’m in Morgantown, about a year and a half now. Originally from Buffalo NY. Go Bills!

12. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    One other thing I did do prior to buying was check the Sweetwater reviews for that particular case making sure reviewers specifically mentioned my model guitar and how the case fit. Buying used allowed me to get the top of the line Pro Line Gretsch case for less than the lower quality Gretsch case. The case was in mint condition.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice