For Sale 40th Anniversary Keeley Modded Maxon OD808!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by Crooner, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    For sale is a brand new 40th Anniversary Keeley Modded Maxon OD808! I *just* received this and have only plugged out in to test it once. When I ordered it there were two options; a signed edition for $400 or a non-signed for $200. I didn't need a signature so I ordered the $200 version.

What I didn't read in the fine print was that the $400 version also came with a toggle switch to take the pedal from the original sound to the Keeley Mod, which is more open, full range and has more gain on tap than the stock OD808.

It sounds great and definitely was a wider sound spectrum than a typical Tube Screamer, but this one has a tad more gain than I need. It's a limited run, so only 400 have been made worldwide.

As so you can see in the pics, it comes with everything... warranty, paperwork and a Certificate of Authenticity.

Before I try eBay, I'm offering this to G-T members for what I paid. I'm not looking to profit from G-T members but rather break even.

$200, plus $15 shipped inside the CONUS.

Thanks for looking!​

IMG_6930.jpeg IMG_6931.jpeg IMG_6932.jpeg IMG_6935.jpeg

RG7X likes this.
  2. RG7X

RG7X Gretschie

Nov 11, 2018
    Los Angeles
    That's a really cool pedal. Good luck with the sale.

3. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Why not contact them and exchange for the pricey one? Good luck either way.

4. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    Thanks.

Thought about it but no way I'm paying $400 for a Tube Screamer and they have a policy in this limited run that any exchanges are subject to a 20% restocking fee.

I guess I'll have to go to eBay for this one. Or Reverb.

I'm going to go with the JHS Bonsai.

Henry likes this.
  5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Sorry it didn't work out my friend . Best with the sale

6. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I see. Not sure what price you can get on Ebay as most buyers will treat it as used, you may be better off returning it, certainly less hassle. Best of luck.

7. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    I re-read the return policy and on this pedal there are no returns. Bummer. I stupidly assumed that the non-signed version had the toggle switch.

It's up on Reverb now so we'll see how it goes.

thunder58 and Henry like this.
  8. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    The $$ loss is called the price of entertainment. That's what I tell my wife when my purchases don't work out. :)

Crooner and Merc like this.
  9. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
  10. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    I own a copy with that Keeeley mod. It is the most enjoyable Tubescreamer. Good lock with yor sale.

11. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    I'd never heard of these or the manufacturer and was wondering why it cost an extra $200 for a signature, lol. Gimme a Sharpie, I'll sign it for a shot of whiskey.

For two shots I'll tape a toggle switch to it.

12. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    You get a toggle switch and a signature for $200 more wow!!! I have purchased some real loser $$$$ pedals listening to demos and reading all the hype after having a couple shots or more. :) Get a Detroit Casket Fluid Drive from our own Tavo at Nocturne and never look back. :)

13. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Has this thread been hi jacked or what?

14. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Don't know anything about the Keeley Mods...although I do love Keeley pedals. With that said the Maxon 808 is my favorite kind of tube screamer...as you can see it on my board:cool: max.jpg

thunder58 likes this.
  15. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Nice board Larry . @Crooner . I hear nothing but great things regarding Keeley pedals . I can't wait for the NPD thread :)

larryb likes this.
  16. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    Yep. You have to kiss a ew frogs to find the "Mr. Right" pedal.

I know the Tubedreamer. Jam makes some amazing pedals. That Pedal Show visited them in Greece and showed the whole workshop in action. Truly then definition of a "boutique" house at work.

I was timing seriously about the TD but decided to get a JHS Bonsai, so now I'll have basically even great TS in one small box.

Thanks. I do really wish this pedal didn't have the tiger gain mod as, whole it sounds great, that's not what I want a TS for. Keely modded pedal are some of the best boxes out there. If you c can find a Keeley modded Blues Driver, for instance, you have a great drive that cleans up into a sparkling glass-like clean tone.

Name your poison!

Me too! I just ordered a new UA Apollo Twin MKII Quad interface and four new pedals... The Bonsai, Mad Professor Twimble, Wampler Tumnus Deluxe, and... wait for it...

The Fender Smolder Acoustic Overdrive. I'm so curious to try it out I took a chance. If I don't lime it I'll return it but if it does work on my acoustic bird, it will be an awesome addition to the tonal palette.

But I have to put the halt on for a while. After the new year, I'll pick things up again. The board (Schmidt Array), power and switcher (GigRig)* and cabling (Evidence Audio Solder-less Screw-in) will all be mucho costoso! But, I decided if I'm going to do this, I'm doing it the right way.

[Dramatic pause]

*I will be taking a look at the RJM PBC Mastermind 10 as well.

When I do resume Operation CroonerBoard, I will be filming and taking pics to document the process for history. Should be fun!

thunder58 likes this.
  17. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks..Almost all those pedals have been sold/traded or replaced, including the Maxon..LOL!
    ..Still, it was a really great pedal!

thunder58 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice