2019 Gretsch Talk Holiday Giveaway

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by drmilktruck, Dec 2, 2019.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Inspired by JB Gretsch Guy from the GDP, I'd like to start up the holiday giveaway for this year, where people can offer up items for free to others who can use them. Smaller items generally
    ship free, but reasonable charges can be asked for larger items, especially international shipping.

First up for me - blue amp grill cloth. Half price shipping anywhere.

GC_4143.jpeg GC_4144.jpeg

Whatcha got?

Attached Files:

2. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    NC
    Got stuff. Pics tomorrow.

3. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Great idea Doc.

We did this on our motorcycle forum and as a admin/mod I had to deal with the flack when one member was receiving the items generously offered and was found selling the items on eBay.

We suspended him for a good chunk of time.

I think it would not hurt to specify that the items should not be flipped. Just a thought.

Dave-B, Groutsch and Jeff67 like this.
  4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    sad that such a rule should be needed, but I agree. No flipping.

Jeff67 likes this.
  5. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    What made it worse on our motorcycle forum was the fact that the give away was intended to help out new young riders who could not afford all the gear you need to get started in the sport.

In the end it went pretty good. We got old but serviceable items like gloves, boots and jackets to new broke riders.

Dave-B and Zeek like this.
  6. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Now that's the Holiday spirit guys :)

7. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Jim , for the buyers information .... what's the size of the grill cloth ?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  8. Carbohydrates

Carbohydrates Gretschie

Feb 24, 2010
    DFW area, TX
    I like this idea! I'm sure I have some bits and bobs I can part with. I'll swing back by this thread in a little while.

9. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I can measure it when I get home but it's 2-3 yards worth of material.

thunder58 likes this.
  10. What a fun game! Was thinking about this the other day.

I have two of these foot stomp thingies. Here’s the kicker, one works , the other has a loose wire. They are basically a guitar pickup in a box. When you tap the box with your foot it makes a boom boom sound. I got one because I saw the video on their website where a guy with multi limb ability kept a good steady bass drum sound while playing guitar. I apparently can not. As much as i tap my foot when sitting down, and rock back and forth when i stand, i just dont have a constant beat i can do with my foot. So off they go. When i ordered the first one and it worked sporadically, instead of shipping it back, they sent me a second one, that i am passing on here as well. Plug a guitar cable into it, and a 9volt battery, and plug the other end into a amp or something and away you go! So, for those of you that can solder, i am certain the faulty one will work. Maybe play double bass pedal. They both fit into the box that i received my last pedal in, so shipping is quick and easy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  11. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    NC
    Anyone out there still wear a coat and tie? Up for grabs is a White Falcon lapel pin and matching tie tack. Probably not for the gold hardware haters.:D Ships world wide.

IMG_20191203_120907.jpg

IMG_20191203_141744.jpg

benjwri, unknown fan, j.s.c and 4 others like this.
  12. This has not taken off like i thought it would.

13. ramjac

ramjac Synchromatic

Aug 14, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I’ve got a TRS cable that’s about 15’ or so that I can throw in to the mix. Used it to connect the two channel foot pedal to my AC30.

14. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    I'll take you up on that pin! Sending a PM now.

15. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    This is a great tradition, Doc. I'll look through the parts bin to see what I can offer up.

16. I believe i have two small gretsch patches. I will locate and take a photo in bit. They are cloth for hats and such.

j.s.c likes this.
  17. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    No flippin way dude!

18. These. Ship in a envelope for like the cost of a stamp. I cant put them on a shirt due to the local safety laws. I am not allowed to solder or use a electric sewing machine. Long story on that one.

These are about two to three inches long, and the rectangle one is about a inch or so wide, maybe a tad more

Attached Files:

r0de0 and DaddyDog like this.
  19. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    I've got an Electromatic G-cut tailpiece up for grabs. Shipping free within Canada, or half-price to the USA.

20. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    PM sent

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice