$200 Telecaster.. brand new!

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by englishman, Apr 17, 2019.

1. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    These have been around for a little while now. I've used these tuners, the bridge and these pickups on different builds, all good stuff.

Waxhead and calebaaron666 like this.
  2. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I just watched this video literally 2 hours ago!
    Seems like a pretty cool guitar for cheap.

drmilktruck and thunder58 like this.
  3. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Those Earl Slicks have been around for a while no?

This one is pretty decent as well. Harley Benton TE90QM Same price. Just needed a fret polish, most guitars do.

Not mine...
    [​IMG]

4. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Drumbob and I actually met through Earl Slick ( indirectly ) Bob posted a photo of Earl a long time ago in Orange County NY . I had recognized the area and asked Bob about the area ..................... the rest is Gretsch -Talk History . There great guitars BTW

drmilktruck likes this.
  5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    @englishman , would you know any differences between the Slick Guitars vs the Xaviere Guitars , both offered on the Guitar Fetish web sight .
    Both around the same price . I compared the Teles for kicks , seems the Xaviere had the better paint job as the Slick looked more relic

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    ponca and drmilktruck like this.
  6. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    I wouldn't like to say as I've never held either of them, I would imagine they are both made at the same Chinese factory though.

thunder58 and ponca like this.
  7. ponca

ponca Gretschie

Nov 27, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    Their site actually lists "Slick Hand-Aged Guitars" as one of the subheadings of the Xaviere menu, so I'm guessing they're basically the same instruments only reliced and using the Slick-branded pickups instead of the normal GFS ones (which in turn are probably the same things but reliced).

thunder58 likes this.
  8. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    Not sure about the pickups. I’ve used a few of the Slick pickups and they’ve been great. They are different specs to their regular pickups.

thunder58 and ponca like this.
  9. ponca

ponca Gretschie

Nov 27, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    Sorry, I should have worded that better. I didn't mean that the pickups themselves were necessarily identical, just that they're most likely basically the same quality, made to the same standard in the same factory, etc. Which is not a bad thing by any means, I've been very happy with the GFS pickups I've used.

thunder58 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice