1973 Gretsch White Falcon 7594

Discussion in 'Vintage Gretsch Discussion' started by gretschhistory, Jun 12, 2018.

1. gretschhistory

gretschhistory Electromatic

Jun 12, 2018
    Evans Georgia
    1. Hey guys, new here and need some advise. I just acquired two Gretsch guitars. A 67 Tennessean, and a 73 White Falcon 7594. On the WF, the bridge assembly is missing, along with the tuning fork bridge. It has a split mute system, one of the rods, pad, and toggle button is missing. I still maybe able to recover these parts. The original owner is deceased and the contents of his home is still there. I have permission to look for these parts once the family decides to go through the dwelling.. My question, if I don't find the original parts, do I search for parts that would make it back like original or change to the bridge assembly to be more player friendly. I have read where some people remove the tuning fork bridge, etc.. Aside from the headstock plastic veneer, the guitar is in great shape with original case. I collect and play acoustic guitars, and probably won't keep the guitars. Any advise or input would be appreciated. Thanks

2. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, gretschhistory! One of our resident experts should be along soon with some great advice for you.
    welcome mat 36.jpg

3. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    20180602_193150-1.jpg Welcome in.My vote for original parts. How's bout some pic's?

4. rob batz

rob batz Synchromatic

Apr 17, 2014
    Bristol ct.
    I wanna see it ! I luv the pickguard shape from that era

5. DaddyDog

DaddyDog Country Gent

Sep 18, 2011
    Mississauga, Canada
    I have a '63 6120 with mute pad and I never use the mute. I have a '68 Viking with the tuning fork and I removed it. To each his own. If it pleases you to restore the WF to 'original' specs, great. It would be fun to see.

Henry and gretschhistory like this.
  6. afire

afire Country Gent

+1. While a 1973 White Falcon may not be as sought after as its 50s and early 60s forebears, it's still a very collectible guitar worth a good chunk of change. If you're planning on flipping it, then getting it as original as possible will get you the best price.

gretschhistory likes this.
  7. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome to GT !

Lets see those beauty's!

8. gretschhistory

Jun 12, 2018
    Evans Georgia
    Thanks for the welcome audept. I look forward to hearing from you guys~~!~~

9. gretschhistory

Jun 12, 2018
    Evans Georgia
    Not too good with my phone cam but I'll try to get some shots on here.

10. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Welcome! Yep! Love to see some pics...

11. gretschhistory

Jun 12, 2018
    Evans Georgia
    Ok I'm working on it~~!~

12. Robbie

Robbie Country Gent

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    Welcome to GT. I'd suggest original parts if possible.

13. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
  14. gretschhistory

Jun 12, 2018
    Evans Georgia
    wf guitar1.jpg white front guitar.jpg back of guitar.jpg wf guitar.jpg white guitar turners.jpg wf whole.jpg gretsch tunning fork assembly needed.jpg white front guitar.jpg back of guitar.jpg wf guitar.jpg white guitar turners.jpg wf whole.jpg gretsch tunning fork assembly needed.jpg wf guitar1.jpg wf guitar1.jpg white front guitar.jpg back of guitar.jpg wf guitar.jpg white guitar turners.jpg wf whole.jpg gretsch tunning fork assembly needed.jpg wf guitar1.jpg white front guitar.jpg back of guitar.jpg wf guitar.jpg white guitar turners.jpg wf whole.jpg gretsch tunning fork assembly needed.jpg white guitar turners.jpg back of guitar.jpg white guitar turners.jpg white guitar turners.jpg white guitar turners.jpg wf guitar.jpg

T Bone likes this.
  15. gretschhistory

Jun 12, 2018
    Evans Georgia
    I don't know what I did but it looks like I flooded this site with pics. Sorry it was unintentional. I'm not to good with computers. One of the shots is what I have researched to be the bridge and mute assembly I'm looking for. Keep me straight on this though.

thunder58 likes this.
  16. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Well we don't mind the pics that's for sure . Looks like you have a project ahead of you

17. afire

afire Country Gent

18. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    How's the binding? Looks pretty good from the pic's. Just doing the headstock shouldn't be too bad.

19. gretschhistory

Jun 12, 2018
    Evans Georgia
    Yea I saw those parts and agree they are a little pricey. I am hoping to find the original parts in a drawer or coffee can in the deceased estates shop once I have access. I have emailed Curt on a price quote on the headstock veneer repair. I'm torn between putting life back into it and keeping it, fixing and flipping it, or selling "as is" and moving on. I am falling in love with the guitar as it has been played very little, frets are perfect, and the gold binding on the white guitar is quite attractive. I purchased five guitars and two dobros for one money, so my mind is almost TILT, making decisions for these instruments. I'm enjoying every minute of it though~~!~~

MTurner likes this.
  20. gretschhistory

Jun 12, 2018
    Evans Georgia
    Did you keep the tuning fork bridge?