1969 Nashville, concern about neck

Discussion in 'Vintage Gretsch Discussion' started by Nashville East, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Nashville East

Nashville East Newbie

Apr 28, 2019
    New York, NY
    Hi,
    New member here, first post. Just bought a '69 Nashville (yesterday), which plays and sounds great. However, I have some concern about the fact that there are some gaps between the neck and body, above the heel (see attached pics). Not sure if this is due to shrinkage in the binding, or something more significant. I'm going to have a repair person or two look at it, but I thought I'd get the opinions of some experienced Gretsch users. Thx IMG_5695.jpg IMG_5694.jpg

2. afire

afire Country Gent

Tough to evaluate from a picture, but the bottom line is that if it's stable and the action can be set how you want it and there's sufficient downward pressure on the bridge to keep it in place and strings from popping out of the slots, then it's good to go.

new6659 likes this.
  3. Nashville East

Nashville East Newbie

Apr 28, 2019
    New York, NY
    Thanks afire. So far the action feels good, and the strings seems to be secure in the slots. Appreciate your comments.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice