1964 6125 Single Anniversary.

Discussion in 'Vintage Gretsch Discussion' started by MickeyB, May 23, 2019.

1. MickeyB

MickeyB Electromatic

Jul 24, 2017
    Birmingham England UK
    Gretsch 004.jpg

Had this about a year. It's a 6125 single Anniversary from 1964 in pretty good physical and cosmetic condition and excellent playing condition. The back of the neck has been refinished and the tuners replaced but that's all - the binding is fine as are the frets and it plays just fine with a great low action.
    Yes that Hi-Lo tron pickup has it's own sound. In order to make it surface mounted it has the coil on an L-shaped induction plate with the magnet on the side vertical surface. It has a low output and it's simply held together by being screwed to the top - there is no base-plate as there is on the re-issues , which are taller and cannot be replacements.

I know it's wicked to change anything on a vintage guitar but the infamous tone switch has got to be modified; as it is just too thick on the outside positions.

This is a very light guitar with a thin three-ply top and a compensated Bigsby bridge fitter, that I prefer to the original roller style. Fitted with 12-gauge tape-wound strings, it's a fine clean jazz guitar.

Gretsch 005.jpg
    Gretsch 003.jpg

2. 6124Bassman

6124Bassman Gretschie

May 20, 2018
    Tempe, Arizona
    That has always been my favorite Gretsch color combo

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice