Gretsch Guitar Discussion Forum
Registered Member Login:
Forgot Password?   Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gretsch Guitar Discussion Forum.

You're going to love it here! We've got Gretsch Guitar forums, photo galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting and participating here requires that you register. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Vintage Gretsch Discussion Talk about Vintage (pre-Baldwin) Gretsch guitars here.

Notices

Old April 6th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Electromatic

Default Tone capacitors for duo jet

Hello guys, my tone capacitors in my duo jet are deformed and swollen and when i change the position of tone swich, the sound don,t have big differences. I think that finally is the time for change these. My guitar is from 1968, where can i find capacitors??? and what type of capacitors are good for this mothel?? thank you very much!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	greti.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	28170  

txipi is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gretschie

YES, it is time to change them! I recommend Mojotone's Dijon caps for this application, but you can use any capacitor you please. It looks in the picture, like you've got a .047uF cap on one side, can you make out the other cap value?

.047 seems a bit high IMO. I don't typically go more than a .015 or .022 on a tone switch, because there is no tone pot to dial the cap back. It sounds like that .047 ain't doing much of anything right now!

Sent from my iPhone using G-T Forum
OwnYourTone is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Electromatic

thank you for answer. Tomorrow if i can,i see the other capacitor and say you the value. Do you think that 0,47 isn,t normal value for this guitar?? i think they are originals but i am not sure! thank you
txipi is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting