Gretsch Guitar Discussion Forum
Registered Member Login:
Forgot Password?   Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gretsch Guitar Discussion Forum.

You're going to love it here! We've got Gretsch Guitar forums, photo galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting and participating here requires that you register. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Songs in the key of Gretsch Song discussion, tab, chord chart and other forum.

Notices

Old June 18th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Country Gent

Default Who is My Twangy Guitar Lessons Awesome

Anybody know who this guy is? Great lessons and the are free.

rcboals is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Synchromatic

Ahhhgg... The ghostly floating arms playing a Tele! Scary!

I've admired his vids for awhile. I appreciate the total isolation of the guitar and his hands, so you aren't distracted by the "Blues Faces."

Amps: Gretsch G5222. Epi Valve Jr.
Big Burly is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gretschie

his sounds are amazing though he uses some line 6 studio computer thing ,
i've read hes doing a tutorial soon on how to create his sound .
But don't know who he is , i just know you can fin a vid where you see him...
samdevos is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old June 18th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gretschie

Noizemaker is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Country Gent

I've got one of tose line6 thingys!
It's a toneport and for digital recording/playing it is really amazing, but not so much in a live situation. I got rid of all my other line 6 gear as nothing compares to some warmed up tubes. Also had alot of issues with it breaking down at the worst of times.....
johnnyguitar is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Gretschie

Yea,those Toneports can be pretty amazing for lowcost recording and home use.I only used it with my desktop since it has the power to really get the most out of it,but I recently tried it (Toneport UX2) with my laptop,which does not meet the power requirements needed,but even using the guitar and microphone at the same time plus recording them at 48kHz/32bit it performs just as good as the desktop.If you plug in a set of powered speakers it really kicks butt.
JohnnyRingo is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gretschie

His name is Sam. He can be pretty rude. Go to his youtube page. If you send him a friend request he'll block you permanently. Someone mentioned a certain Irish singer's name below Baby Please Don't Go and that person got blocked. He didn't read the fine print. Sam's videos are great though. I've got Baby Please Don't Go down except for the variation in the middle part, where I'm close. I think his rudeness stems from getting a lot of the same comments over and over again, like requests for tab or whatever. Sam gears his videos to people who don't need tabs and can learn just by listening and watching. Yet some of his rudeness must be innate.
Fredo is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Country Gent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
His name is Sam. He can be pretty rude. Go to his youtube page. If you send him a friend request he'll block you permanently. Someone mentioned a certain Irish singer's name below Baby Please Don't Go and that person got blocked. He didn't read the fine print. Sam's videos are great though. I've got Baby Please Don't Go down except for the variation in the middle part, where I'm close. I think his rudeness stems from getting a lot of the same comments over and over again, like requests for tab or whatever. Sam gears his videos to people who don't need tabs and can learn just by listening and watching. Yet some of his rudeness must be innate.
The price is sure right for his video instructions they are great if you don't need tab and can figure stuff out by watching. He can stay rude if in fact he is. He has my respect trying to stay anonymous and for taking the time and trouble to put the high quality video lessons on the tube. If I played that well I would be more obnoxious than I am now.

Last edited by rcboals; June 18th, 2010 at 07:54 PM.
rcboals is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Country Gent

I like it!! And lucky for me, I can't read tab. So, no need to send a friend request.
Old June 18th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Friend of Fred

I love his videos. I think they are very well done and the blacked out background is genius as you can just focus on his hands. He's video's are amoung my favorite. Incidentally, I do believe he is a member of this forum.

www.MosriteCelebrity.com
Sarah93003 is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Country Gent

he's been on my favorites for a while...one of the best on youtube
johnnyguitar is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Synchromatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcboals View Post
Anybody know who this guy is? Great lessons and the are free.
YouTube- Johnny B. Goode ? Cover + Lesson
Crappy distortion!Pretty Tele though. "TROLL"
tyguy is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Electromatic

Great player is that twangy Sam. He plays that Horton heat, but did anyone see his comment about Gretsch being "trash"???? Hmm... perhaps he was having a grumpy day eh? Anyway fab playing and look forward to more youtube bits. By the way Damian Bacci's DVD that i got, is great! Grab a copy cos it's packed with great ideas for soloing Rockabily style. I take it you've all seen his youtube lessons right?
RockolaIan is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Country Gent

I know everybody has their own experiences with people. For me, he replied quite politely when I emailed him about information about his lesson videos.

And his videos themselves have been a big help and inspiration for me to learn how to play. So, although there are people here who have had bad experiences with him, I know my personal experience with him and his videos has been terrific.

Blessed are the peacemakers.
www.rosedalemediation.com
NWAttorney is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Gretschie

Twangy's latest looks pretty great for us rockabilly wanna-bees.
Fredo is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
Gretschie

If the guy doesn't want to make friends on youtube, then fair enough......
If the guy wanted to ignore tab requests, again, fair enough....
If the guy chooses to ignore requests that's fair enough too....

What's not on is abusing folk trying to say they regard his playing/videos/tutorial method, that's not fair enough at all, sure his vids are pretty slick, it's a nice idea to have no chat, no guitar faces, just a good ol' fashioned watch & learn... brilliant.

Abusing kids though? If that IS the case then the guy is obviously a plum (as in testicle). Just shows us all guitar skills are not the only skills you need
lennyedwards is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:56 PM   #17 (permalink)

Let's move on folks, nothing to see here. Just for the record, if a member of this forum has a problem with some other person, posting about it here isn't the answer. Name calling and attempts at public humiliation will not be tolerated. The offending posts have been removed.

God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural... fluids.

Music is like a fifth of fine Scotch. It is much more enjoyable once the fifth has diminished.
Synchro
Synchro is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 11:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
Electromatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAttorney View Post
I know everybody has their own experiences with people. For me, he replied quite politely when I emailed him about information about his lesson videos.

And his videos themselves have been a big help and inspiration for me to learn how to play. So, although there are people here who have had bad experiences with him, I know my personal experience with him and his videos has been terrific.
You were kind to me, I was kind to you. That's the way it works. I was raised to not put up with anybody's crap and I don't. I won't even acknowledge the other crap I read in this thread. Perhaps the rest of you folks should spend more time playing your guitar than passing judgement on things you know nothing about. How completely and utterly disgusting.
MyTwangyGuitar is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

And everyone was told to air this elsewhere. One more peep on this dispute from anyone and they will be gone.

God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural... fluids.

Music is like a fifth of fine Scotch. It is much more enjoyable once the fifth has diminished.
Synchro

Last edited by Synchro; September 14th, 2010 at 06:01 PM.
Synchro is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Enjoyed the Vids very educational and excellently done, send me your hands please. Thankfully I missed the insults good on you Mark for removing them.
Quietly is offline Offline   Reply With Quote