Gretsch Guitar Discussion Forum
Registered Member Login:
Forgot Password?   Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gretsch Guitar Discussion Forum.

You're going to love it here! We've got Gretsch Guitar forums, photo galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting and participating here requires that you register. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Pedal Pushers Forum Effects, pedals, processors and other boxes that go beep and boop.

Notices

Old October 28th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Country Gent

Default Just ordered this Catalinbread Echorec Binson

Been looking for a new toy to go with my DM-3 and this really caught my eye.
From 2:20 to 4:00 minutes he uses it with a Fuzz and it handles it very well. Just forward past it if to 4:00 if you don't like it. The rest of the demo is very very good and informative. He starts talking at about 10:00 very informative.

Old October 28th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Country Gent

Keep us updated...this one's in my visions of sugarplums.
Old October 29th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Friend of Fred

Why did you choose the older Echorec over the newly released Catalinbread Belle Epoch that is based on the Echoplex? I bought the catalinbread belle epoch and its a fun box but still kind of only tape echo like on the long repeats, thats where its texture effect and modulation effect shine. Not so much with good old short tape echo sounds.
TV the Wired Turtle is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old October 29th, 2013, 02:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Gretschie

although this one sounds good i am happy with my boss re-20.
Old October 29th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Country Gent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV the Wired Turtle View Post
Why did you choose the older Echorec over the newly released Catalinbread Belle Epoch that is based on the Echoplex? I bought the catalinbread belle epoch and its a fun box but still kind of only tape echo like on the long repeats, thats where its texture effect and modulation effect shine. Not so much with good old short tape echo sounds.
I ruled the Belle Epoch out mainly because of what you said about it. I don't think it would be a compliment to my DM3. I want something easy to use and different that will be a nice my DM3. I know the El cap is the bees knees right now but I think you have to be a tweeker to get all the great sounds it does. I like simple nothing simpler than the DM3 and nothing better than a DM3 for what it will do. I also had a real Echoplex, very impractical and a pain in the A$$ to use. I preffered the DM3 to the real Echoplex. I was very intrigued with the Binson 4 heads going on thing and the sounds the guy in the video was getting sold me. It appealed to me because it looks simple to dial in and that it sounds very different than the other tape echo boxes.
Old October 29th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Friend of Fred

ahh gotcha. btw.. the el capistan is simple in its operation, but you have to take a few glances at the manual. The Empress superdelay though was like an Ikea project
TV the Wired Turtle is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Country Gent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV the Wired Turtle View Post
ahh gotcha. btw.. the el capistan is simple in its operation, but you have to take a few glances at the manual. The Empress superdelay though was like an Ikea project
EL CAPISTAN ON THE WAY SHOULD BE HERE TOMORROW
Don't buy one now because if I do the price will drop so wail until I am comitted to buying it.

The Echorec is a pretty cool pedal with the multi head thing. It is very Gilmour and Pink Floyd major Gilmour and Pink Floyd. You can do Hank Marvin and the Shadows but that can be done with a combo of reverb and just about any delay echo pedal. The Echorec will do a slap back, but takes some fiddeling and dialing. It is not a slapback you would be happy with if you already have a DM3, Carbon Copy, DD3, Danelectro Dan Echo, etc. I have a new EL Capistan coming it should be here tomorrow. I will play with it thsi weekend and decide on the Echorec by Monday or EL Cap. I love my DM3 I have never heard anything better or as good for the Rockabilly stuff in any pedal. I am needing more out of a delay echo for those other songs, mainly modern praise songs in church that aren't rockabilly or country flavored. So, Tavo has been put on notice and has agreed to help me with dialing in settings with the El Capistan. Who knows I may even get a smart phone in the future it could happen.
Old October 31st, 2013, 01:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Country Gent

Echorec is on the way back to the store. The ElCap is really something else and is not very intimidating at all. I actually read the manual.