Okay, Gretsch Campers, it’s last call for the 2009 Gretsch Northern California / Northern Nevada Roundup!
When: September 12-13, 2009
Where: Clair Tappaan Lodge, 19940 Donner Pass Road, Norden, California 95724
Cost: $38 per night, including three meals per day. (Be sure to ask for the Fall Group Rate and tell them that you will be attending the Gretsch event.)
If you have been asleep for the past few months, or have not visited this site for that long, then you need to go read about the 2009 Gretsch Northern California / Northern Nevada Roundup at this thread http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/gr...a-roundup.html
and be certain to look there for the link to the Sierra Club's page for booking a reservation at the Clair Tappaan Lodge
We are now only four days away from the Roundup and, if we haven’t convinced you yet that you need to attend, then consider these reasons:
* Mr. Fred Gretsch http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/gr...a-roundup.html
, the man whose great grandfather started the Gretsch Company, and the man who resurrected it from the ashes of the Baldwin Company’s bankruptcy estate and began once again building these fine instruments, will be on hand to meet you, sign autographs, and chat with you about all things Gretsch.
* Joe Carducci, the man who is currently at the helm of FMIC’s Gretsch operation, and who, along with Mike Lewis, restored the line of Gretsch guitars to the specifications of Gretsch’s first “glory days,” and who virtually single-handedly runs the Gretsch division, the guy who comes up with the great ideas for new models, or modifications to existing models, who develops much of the marketing ideas for the company, and who is on the road running from one great Gretsch event to the next, and who is quite simply one of the nicest and most genuine business executives you will ever meet (and who plays some mean guitar!), will be there to play some music with you and to fill you in on the latest and greatest out of Scottsdale!
* Kim Falcon http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/gr...a-roundup.html
, that “Great Gretsch Girl” whose comely good looks grace the covers of virtually all current Gretsch print media, and whose sweetness and understated elegance will win over your hearts, will be present to meet you, sign autographs, and be photographed with you (you supply the camera!).
* Don Ayers, the inventor of the Stellartone Tonestyler http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/gr...a-roundup.html
tonepot replacement device will be there and will be offering demonstrations of this simple, yet very effective tool to mod your guitar and bass.
* “Sparky” Kramer, of Randall Kramer Guitars http://www.randallkramerguitars.com/
, will also be showcasing his amazing acoustic guitars and will be presenting a mini-seminar on setting up a guitar correctly.
* Gretsch-Talk member Yettoblaster, who is a professor of guitar by vocation, will be attending and offering a mini-seminar on improvisation techniques.
* Gretsch-Talk member DrGretsch, who wowed everyone at last year’s Roundup with his jazz stylings, will be attending and offering a mini-seminar on chord soloing.
* Rumor has it that another great personality known to many of you will be appearing at the Roundup. Sir Paul McCartney, in conjunction with the release of the new Beatles Rockband game, will be stopping by and giving each attendee a copy of the newly released game. Hmmm...you're not buying that? Well, probably with very good reason. But, be on the lookout for Sir Proteus, the man of many words, most of them cogent, who will be in attendance. If you have never met Proteus, then you need to do so. He is one of those guys whose knowledge, not just about Gretsch, or guitars in general, but about so many different things of both pop culture and real
culture, really seeps out of his every pore. You won't want to miss meeting him.
* The Fred & Joe Show will be making an appearance on Saturday evening. If you have been able to make it out to see one of these shows, you will know that they are the ying and yang of all things Gretsch. The show is fast-paced, light-hearted, and filled with fun and useful information about the history of the Gretsch Company and all of its lore. And, I understand that Fred will be asking some of his great Gretsch trivia questions, the winners of which I hear may go home richer!
* Gretsch Swag. Oh yeah, did I mention that some Great Gretsch Swag will be given away at the Roundup, starting with the mind-blowing prize of a Gretsch Playboy amplifier http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/gr...a-roundup.html
! And, if you know Joe Carducci, you know that he is going to be bringing tons of other Gretsch paraphanelia, like lanyards and other Gretsch memorabilia, and passing it out like Santa Claus on Christmas Eve!
* Stellartone Tonestyler tonepot replacements and
bridges by Tru-Arc™ Bridges and Compton Compensated Custom Bridges will be given away to many lucky winners!
* California’s scenic Sierra Nevada mountains beckon you to two days of great musical fun, cameraderie, ogling of others’ guitars and amplifiers, fantastic music, and friendship.
So, have we persuaded you yet? If not, then you are absolutely incapable of being persuaded.
Folks, this is an event that absolutely no one should miss! Contact the Clair Tappaan Lodge
to make your reservation right now!
Okay, with the Roundup just a few days away, we need to develop a pretty reliable headcount. So, please send me a PM (PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR PLANS IN THIS THREAD – PLEASE JUST SEND ME A PM) and provide all
of the following information:
1 . Are you planning on attending the Roundup?
2 . Who will be attending the Roundup with you? (Please provide us each of their names. Please do not respond for other Gretsch-Talk members – just respond for family members or others who will be accompanying you that we otherwise wouldn’t know about. But, tell those other Gretsch-Talk members who may be traveling with you to please send me a PM with their travel plans.)
3 . If you are attending, will you be staying at the Clair Tappaan Lodge
? Friday night and Saturday night? Or just Saturday night? Please consider arriving on Friday night. There will be a number of us that will be there on Friday night and I can well imagine that there will be some good music to be made already on Friday night. Also, by already being there Friday night, you will enable us to get started right after breakfast on Saturday morning.
4 . What meals will you be eating on site? Remember, even if you are not
staying at the Lodge, you can still eat meals there for $10 per meal. So, whether you are staying at the Lodge or not, please tell me what meals you and each of the members of your family/party will be eating at the Lodge. (The Lodge offers hot breakfast and dinner and a brown bag lunch.) This is muy importante
(for you gringos, this means that this is very important for you to do
) because it allows us to notify the Lodge’s management so that they can make plans to buy sufficient supplies to enable them to prepare meals for everyone that will be wanting one. AND, if you, or someone in your party, are vegetarian, please let me know if you will be requiring vegetarian meals. They are available at the Lodge.
I hope that we will see as many of you as possible in attendance this weekend. We will have a time that you won’t soon forget.
I spent my summer vacation at Gretsch Camp – what about you?