Gretsch Guitar Discussion Forum
Registered Member Login:
Forgot Password?   Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gretsch Guitar Discussion Forum.

You're going to love it here! We've got Gretsch Guitar forums, photo galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting and participating here requires that you register. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Fred's Barcalounge Our "off topic" forum. Your moderated home away from home.

Notices

Old May 25th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Synchromatic

Default A RealTortoise Shell Guitar, The Whole Shell

Saw this guitar on "Pawn Stars". Here's the story:
The next guy brought in a tortoise shell guitar. There was some issue as to whether the guitar could be sold or not because of the shell. Time for an expert. Rick needed to make sure the guitar was old enough to sell because if he sold a newer model, it would be illegal with a big fine and confiscation of the guitar.
Jesse Aroroso of Cowtown guitars came into look at it. He said that it was legal own but probably illegal to sell. No sale.
(The picture on the left is the actual guitar. The one on the right is one like it. I couldn't find another picture. I thought it looked pretty unique. I know some of you as well as myself remember when you could buy turtle shell picks.)
Attached Images

Last edited by JLoud; August 24th, 2013 at 09:50 PM.
JLoud is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gretschie

When i lived in the Philippines they had similar instruments there for sale. I always thought they were interesting in their own way, but you couldn't bring one back to the US with you.
MyBootsOnFire is offline Offline   Reply With Quote