Gretsch-Talk.Com Forum Archive

Waterstone guitars?

Jukebox
July 1st, 2008, 02:41 PM
Has anyone heard about or seen anything about Waterstone guitar? here's there web site http://www.waterstoneguitars.com

bobframe
July 1st, 2008, 05:19 PM
Nope. But I noticed that there was a picture of the Album cover to "Meet the Smithereens" in the lower left hand corner of the web site. Ever heard this? It is a FANTASTIC cover of the entire "Meet the Beatles" album. Give it a listen if you can.

Here's a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GqQHHNPglE

noelweller
July 1st, 2008, 07:10 PM
No I haven't but I am loving the whole Mod vibe they have going on

Jukebox
July 1st, 2008, 08:10 PM
They are one of the main Spenser for The Smithereens . They also Spenser The Who. I am looking at buying a bass guitar from them.The smithereens are good!

noelweller
July 2nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
On there website they show people playin full hollowbodys, I wonder why I can't find any under the guitar section

Jukebox
July 2nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
On there website they show people playin full hollowbodys, I wonder why I can't find any under the guitar section

What can't you find?

noelweller
July 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
I saw semi hollows and solid bodies, no full hollow. There was a pic on there somehere of a lady playin a white full hollowbpdy that really looked great

Jukebox
July 2nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
Did you try clicking on vidio or artists?

noelweller
July 2nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
I found the model I saw in a pic, Its called the Cumulus

Jukebox
July 2nd, 2008, 09:05 PM
Don't be drooling all over yourself! We don't need you getting the pages all wet!!

Mattfig
July 30th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Hi guys,

I just stumbled across the site and wanted to let you know that I am currently endorsed by Waterstone Guitars and have several different models...I'd be happy to discuss anything about them...

In a nutshell, they are incredible guitars for the money and they are GORGEOUS to look at...For my particular playing taste- I make some adjustments with hardware and pickups but know many who love 'em just as they are...It's no wonder Guitar Center and Musician's Friend are starting to carry a few models...

Let's talk some Waterstone!!!!

Cheers,
Matt Fig

Bonedaddy
July 30th, 2008, 08:22 PM
When I played with Pat Dinizio at his bar-b-q, I played his semi hollow waterstone strat. Nice guitar. Well made. You can hear it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qJbiwdAxRI

We're doing the song "Behind The Wall Of Sleep" from the album "Especially for You". Pat's the guy in the funny hat ;)
Pat is the singer for the Smithereens.

Jukebox
July 31st, 2008, 09:49 AM
they are nice looking guitars,and I was going to buy one about two weeks ago.I tried contacting them for two weeks,then I got an email state that I should contact them for more info,there again no customer service. At that point I wrote them and told them that I was going to buy the Italia Rimini because they had people there that would help you if you have problems. They said they just as soon not sell want to sell to me if I was going to return it and they would refund my money. I had to laugh,and told him that I had to find some one to take my order first,and that was what the problem was; I could find any to take an order. I ordered the Rimini. Before I would go back to them,they will have to have a hell of a lot better customer service!!!

ScottFM
April 23rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Hey Yall,
I'm the new full on distributor of Waterstone Guitars. I'm Scott FM owner of the East Side Music Mercantile Inc in East Nashville TN. Any Waterstone questions you can find me at 615 262 5486 or eastsidemerc@gmail.com And the Cumulus is awesome, just sold one this morning. Hope to hear from ya! Scott Frazier-Maskiell
East Side Music Mercantile Inc
1100 Forrest Ave Nashville TN 37206
www.eastsidemerc.com

WillyH
May 17th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I believe Waterstone was started by Bob Singer...He bought a Bass from Me a while back... I can tell by his Guitar and Bass models He liked the F-hole in my Basses

Jukebox
May 17th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Nice looking guitar, but I tried buying one from them and they don't answer there email very well. After the finnally did they were rude! I wouldn't buy anything from them! I don't care if they are the cheapest and the best guitar in the world. NO ONE should have to put up with how rude they were!!And it was the guy above!

Hot Rod Michelle
May 17th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I liked the surf rock sound with all the reverb. Can never have too much reverb.

DevilYouKnow
May 17th, 2009, 06:27 PM
When I played with Pat Dinizio at his bar-b-q, I played his semi hollow waterstone strat. Nice guitar. Well made. You can hear it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qJbiwdAxRI

We're doing the song "Behind The Wall Of Sleep" from the album "Especially for You". Pat's the guy in the funny hat ;)
Pat is the singer for the Smithereens.

That's fantastic Bonedaddy. If my memory serves me right, you've got that solo dead on. One of my first bands covered that song. So I have some very fond memories associated with it. Must've been a blast playing at Pat D.'s house.

araT
May 17th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Welcome to GT Matt! :D

That's a gorgeous waterstone strat, bonedaddy!, lucky guy! ;)

Gretsch-O-Manic
May 19th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Sorry about your experience with Waterstone, Jukebox...I can't imagine what happened with your contact with them.

Bob Singer is a really nice guy, maybe he's got somebody in Sales who shouldn't be.

That's my band, North of Malibu, featured on their home page. We're playing the new Light Show WWAS (Jazzmaster-style solidbodies) in the cut featured. I also built a TP-12 Light Show 12-string bass, for Tom Petersson of Cheap Trick, who also endorses Waterstone.

I designed the WWAS Light Show, and built the 3 prototypes shown in the video. They will be available from Waterstone sometime later this summer.

Their guitars are good value for money, and nice quality, too.

coolbus18
May 19th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Sorry JB. Well that slim line tele looks nice to me. That 12 bass is really neato.I'm gonna check around and see if some dealer has a model or two. Wow a 12 string bass, it almost makes me want one. 8-)

Jukebox
May 19th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I settled with the Italia's and really like them! So, maybe it's for the best. Who ever is selling them on ebay and at their website is who I delt with. To bad, I've bought 4 Italia's since then. Someday I will give them a try, and see if they have done better with their customer service. Sorry it's just left a bad taste and yes, I know it isn't fair,but.......

WillyH
May 20th, 2009, 05:01 AM
I Agree Bob Singer is a class act